About the Stanford Summer Global Ambassadors
The Stanford Summer Global Ambassador (SSGA) program is composed of enthusiastic and motivated students from the 2015 Summer Session sharing their Stanford experiences with peers at their home institutions. SSGAs represent Stanford Summer Session on their campuses to increase awareness of the Stanford Summer Session program and inspire their peers to experience Summer Session 2016.
- Serve as a liaison between the Summer Session Marketing Department and offices on your campus who can help spread the word about the Stanford Summer Session program
- Post flyers on campus and distribute postcards to peers interested in attending Stanford Summer Session
- Host a presentation for student organizations abut Stanford Summer Session
- Set up Stanford Summer Session info booths/tables on campus or at campus-organized events, such as a Study Abroad or Career Fair
- Use social media to promote events you are hosting or attending, as well as post about your Stanford Summer Session experiences
- Collect sign-ups for the Stanford Summer Session 2016 Interest List
- Provide reports and photos documenting marketing efforts for Summer Session Marketing Department review
Resources and Incentives
We prove you the following marketing materials to assist you with your responsibilities as a SSGA: postcards, flyers, brochures, Cardinal red tablecloth, and Summer Session-branded swag. To compensate you for your help promoting Stanford Summer Session, you will receive a US$250 honorarium payment, in addition to some special swag, just for you!
Who Should Apply
We are now accepting applications from visiting undergraduate and graduate students who attended the 2015 Summer Session.
Note for SSIHP students: Our office works with your school’s SSIHP coordinator to promote the Summer Session program; therefore, SSIHP participants are ineligible to apply for an ambassador position. However, you are still more than welcome to coordinate promotional efforts with your school’s SSIHP coordinator. Please note that your efforts will not be compensated.
Please complete the SSGA application by 11:59 pm PDT on Friday, September 4, 2015. Applicants are allowed to submit their responses in a written format (minimum 250 words per response) OR in a 1- to 2-minute video.