Information and Deadlines
Students in the Stanford 2 to 4 Program are guaranteed on-campus housing as part of the program. However, in order to be assigned, students must submit a formal housing application. Housing assignments are handled by the Stanford Student Housing Office and descriptions of residence choices are available for you to view. Please refer to the “Single Undergraduate Housing” section. 2 to 4 students are limited to the Governor’s Corner suites.
Important details to keep in mind:
- Residences will open for occupancy on Saturday, June 18 at 1 pm. We expect all students to arrive on this day.
- Housing for the eight-week session ends on Sunday, August 14 at 8 am.
- If you would like to request Medical/Disability accommodation, the paperwork and housing application must be submitted to the Office of Accessible Education by April 15.
- Information about Welcome Weekend appears in your Program Handbook, and additional details about check-in will be provided via email in early June.
Step-by-Step Housing Instructions:
Access the Housing Application
- Log in to your Axess account using your SUNet ID and password.
- In the Student Tab, under the “Housing & Dining” heading, click on the “R&DE Portal” button. This will open up a new window.
- On the left-hand side, click “Apply for Housing.”
Section 1: Term & Category
Select an application term: Click “Summer Quarter 2016.”
Select the type of housing: Click “Single Undergraduate.”
Section 2: Details
Assignment Priority Information: As stated previously, students in the Stanford 2 to 4 Program are guaranteed on-campus housing as part of the program. However, in order to be assigned, students must submit a housing application between April 6 and May 2.
Summer Contract Length: Select “8 week contract (June 18 – August 14)” – please note, Summer Session students are NOT permitted to apply for 10 week contracts.
Interim Housing: Stanford Summer Session students are not allowed to apply for Interim Housing. Please select “No.”
Preferences: You must select an answer for each question. Please answer these questions
honestly and thoughtfully, as they will be used in determining roommate assignments.
Section 3: Residence Choices
Groups: All students in the Stanford 2 to 4 Program are housed together in the same residence, therefore, groups are not allowed. Please select “I am not applying with a group.”
Residence Choices: Although you will see many housing options listed, there’s only one residence assigned to Stanford 2 to 4 Program students. Please select “Governor’s Corner – 4 person suite” by clicking the “Add” button to the right. You will then see this selection listed in the “My Choices” section.
Final Choice: Select “Yes, I am willing to accept any other assignment.” Please note you will automatically be assigned to the residence for 2 to 4 veterans.
Section 4: Review
Review: At this point you will be able to review everything you selected in your application. Please review all of your selections carefully. If you need to go back and edit your application, do so now.
Housing Agreement: Review this section carefully. Please take special note of the housing cancellation fees. Once you have read and understand the residence agreement, select the “Yes” button at the bottom of the page, indicating that you agree to the conditions of your assignment. Click “Submit.”
Section 5: Confirmation
Congratulations! You have submitted your housing application for Summer 2016. Results will be posted in Axess starting May 19.