Summer at Stanford Sets You Apart. The Best Minds. The Best Classrooms.
Renowned for entrepreneurial innovation and academic excellence, Stanford enriches your curiosity, creativity, and knowledge with a wide variety of courses, to help you reach your full potential. Study with a dynamic, diverse student body from more than 40 countries in small classes with dedicated instructors, with the opportunity to earn credit and an official transcript from Stanford.
- Live on the Stanford campus as a residential student or attend as a commuter.
- Graduate students must enroll in a minimum of 3 units.
- Students who require an I-20 from Stanford must take a minimum of 8 units.
- Create memories with new friends from the U.S. and abroad.
- Rely on an Academic Support team that will be with you every step of the way.
- Be at least 18 years of age by the start of the program (June 19, 2021).
- Have graduated from high school, secondary school, or an equivalent.
- Have successfully completed at least one term of college or university courses following graduation from high school prior to applying. (Students who have already graduated from college or university are also eligible.)
- NOTE: Students who have completed an undergraduate program or a graduate course of study by the start of Summer Session, even if they have not participated in a graduation ceremony or have not yet received a graduate diploma, will be considered graduate students for the purposes of registration and enrollment.
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: Be able to verify fluency in the English language, using one of the methods described in the English Language Proficiency section on the International Students page.
In addition to submitting an online Summer Session application, students must upload an unofficial transcript for all colleges or universities attended, and compose a short personal statement in response to a specific question. International students may be required to supply a TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge Exam Score, Duolingo, PTEA, SAT (EBRW) or ACT (English) Scores.
For more information, visit the Admissions section in the main menu.