Matriculated Stanford Students
Experience summer at your favorite institution. You already know what spending time at Stanford can do for you – now enjoy it with an intimate group of students, professors, and professionals. Smaller classes and a curated list of activities means you’ll enjoy true hands-on learning, one-on-one time with luminaries in your chosen field, and deeper bonds with everyone on campus.
Consider enrolling in courses during the University’s Fourth Academic Quarter to:
- Fulfill General Education Requirements
- Focus on a particular subject or field of study
- Prepare for graduate or medical school or entering the job market
Enrolling for the Summer Quarter is easy – simply register for courses on Axess beginning Sunday, April 14, 2019. Matriculated Stanford students can take courses while living on campus or as a commuter student. To apply for housing, please visit the University’s Residential & Dining Enterprises website.
A note for recent Stanford graduates: If you would like to continue your education during the Summer Quarter, please refer to the Visiting Undergraduate page for application and registration information.
New in 2018: Summer Online
This summer, degree-seeking undergraduate Stanford students can take a select set of courses remotely this summer. The following Stanford courses will be offered in an online format with limited enrollment through the Stanford Center for Professional Development (SCPD):
- CS 106A – Programming Methodology
- CS 106B – Programming Abstractions
- CS 109 – Introduction to Probability for Computer Scientists
- CS 110 – Principles of Computer Systems
- CS 161 – Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- CS 193C – Client-Side Internet Technologies
- STATS 110 – Statistical Methods in Engineering and the Physical Sciences
- STATS 116 – Theory of Probability
- STATS 202 – Data Mining and Analysis
Learn more about this brand new offering on the Summer Online page.
Summer Employment Opportunities
The Summer Session Office hires Stanford students for a variety of positions. Refer to the Employment page for more details.