High School Summer College
Summer at Stanford Sets You Apart. The Best Minds. The Best Classrooms.
Live and learn in the heart of Silicon Valley at one of the world’s leading research universities. Renowned for entrepreneurial innovation and academic excellence, Stanford enriches your curiosity, creativity, and knowledge with hundreds of available courses, to help you reach your full potential. Study alongside a dynamic, diverse student body from more than 30 countries in small classes with dedicated instructors, with the opportunity to earn credit and an official transcript from Stanford. Summer Session Students enjoy access to Stanford’s exceptional student-life resources, from state-of-the-art athletic facilities to world-class libraries, superior academic support, and more.
- Live on the Stanford campus as a residential student or attend as a commuter.
- Residential high school students must enroll in a minimum of 8 units.
- Commuting high school students must enroll in a minimum of 3 units and must live with a family or family friend within a 50-mile radius of campus.
- Create memories with new friends from the U.S. and abroad.
- Experience Silicon Valley and startup culture via our Silicon Valley Innovation Academy program.
- Dive deep into a subject you’re passionate about with the Intensive Study option
- Take advantage of tutoring and academic advising through the Summer Academic Resource Center.
Admission is a selective process, and applications are reviewed in accordance to the Application Deadlines listed in the Admissions section. To be eligible to apply, students must:
- Be a current sophomore, junior, or senior, or a gap year student at the time of application.
- Be at least 16 at the start of the program, June 20, 2020, and no more than 19 by the last day, August 16, 2020. There are no exceptions to these age restrictions.
- Not be matriculating into Stanford as freshman.
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: Be able to verify fluency in the English language, using one of the methods described in the English Language Proficiency section on the International Students page.
In addition to submitting an online Summer Session application, you must upload your most recently completed semester grades, submit standardized test scores, compose two personally written essays, and receive a letter of recommendation through the application system. International students may be required to supply a TOEFL, IELTS, or Cambridge Exam Score.
For more information, visit the Admissions section in the main menu.