High School Students
Summer at Stanford Sets You Apart. The Best Minds. The Best Classrooms.
Renowned for entrepreneurial innovation and academic excellence, Stanford enriches your curiosity, creativity, and knowledge with a wide variety of courses, to help you reach your full potential. Study with a dynamic, diverse student body from more than 40 countries in small classes with dedicated instructors, with the opportunity to earn credit and an official transcript from Stanford.
- Live on the Stanford campus as a residential student or attend as a commuter.
- Residential high school students must enroll in a minimum of 8 units.
- Commuting high school students must enroll in a minimum of 3 units and must live with a family or family friend within a 50-mile radius of campus.
- Create memories with new friends from the U.S. and abroad.
- An Academic Support team that will be with you every step of the way.
- Be a current sophomore, junior, or senior, or a gap year student at the time of application.
- Be at least 16 at the start of the program, June 18, 2022, and no more than 19 by the last day, August 14, 2022. There are no exceptions to these age restrictions.
- Not be matriculating into Stanford as freshman.
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: Be able to verify fluency in the English language, using one of the methods described in the English Language Proficiency section on the International Students page.
In addition to submitting an online Summer Session application, you must upload your most recently completed semester grades and write a short paragraph about yourself. International students may be required to supply a TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge Exam Score, Duolingo, PTEA, SAT (EBRW) or ACT (English) Scores.
For more information, visit the Admissions section in the main menu.