Intensive Studies clusters courses into popular areas, to make it easier for students to choose their academic path for the summer. Through the Intensive Studies program, students participate in focused study as a cohort of peers with similar academic interests. Students in Intensives have the opportunity to build upon their courses and knowledge through webinars with industry experts, as well as panels and drop-ins from a powerful network of Stanford alums.
Get hands on with Computer Science or Data Science, jumpstart a successful college experience with College Foundations, expand your horizons by exploring new Global Perspectives, or develop your skills within Business and Innovation. Whichever Intensive you choose, you'll be able to select from a list of classes curated by our team.
At the end of the program you’ll receive an Intensive Studies Document of Completion, as well as a Stanford University transcript.
In order to receive an Intensive Studies Document of Completion at the end of the Summer Quarter, students must meet all of the following requirements:
- Register for your Intensive, after you confirm your spot with Summer Session, so we can track your participation.
- Students confirmed with a Stanford ID number can register for only one Intensive. Registration for Intensive Studies is now open. You will find the Intensive Studies Registration form in your Application Status Portal.
- Students can change their selection until the Final Study List Deadline of Tuesday, July 7 at 5PM PST.
- Enroll in a minimum of two classes, that together provide at least 6 units total, from the courses listed under the Intensive.
- Students must enroll in their Intensive courses for a letter grade, and and must earn a final grade of at least a B or higher.*
- Any student who participates in an Intensive is welcome to take additional courses.
- Students participating in the International Honors Program must meet an 8 unit enrollment minimum.
- Attend one of the following Summer Events*:
- One speaker event in the Summer Speaker Series
- One Summer Academic Resource Center (SARC) Intensive Workshop
- Earn a letter grade of B or above in your Intensive courses
*CTL 53: Working Smarter is the only course that may be taken for Satisfactory/No Credit, and students must earn a Satisfactory.
*The calendar for Intensive Studies events will become available in June.