Summer Session offers over 200 classes. Intensive Studies clusters courses into popular areas, to make it easier for students to choose their path. Through the Intensive Studies program, students have the opportunity to participate in focused study during the summer, alongside students with similar interests.
Get hands on with Computer Science or Data Science, jumpstart a successful college experience with LaunchU, expand your horizons by exploring new Global Perspectives, or develop your skills within Business and Innovation. Whichever Intensive you choose, you'll be able to select from a list of classes curated by our team.
At the end of the program you’ll receive an Intensive Studies Document of Completion, as well as a Stanford University transcript.
In order to receive an Intensive Studies Document of Completion at the end of the Summer Quarter, students must meet all of the following requirements:
- Register for your Intensive, after you confirm your spot with Summer Session, so we can track your participation.
- Students can register for only one Intensive. Registration will open closer to course enrollment in April.
- Students can change their selection until the Final Study List Deadline of Monday, July 6 at 5PM PST.
- Enroll in a minimum of two classes, that together provide at least 6 units total, from the courses listed under the Intensive.*
- Students must enroll in the units listed, with the exception of courses with a range of units (e.g. 3-5 units). Any student who participates in an Intensive is welcome to take additional courses.
- High school residential students and International students on a Stanford sponsored F-1 student visa must meet an 8 unit enrollment minimum.
- Attend one of the following Summer Events:
- One speaker event in the Summer Speaker Series or
- One Silicon Valley Innovation Academy (SVIA) Speaker Event or
- One Summer Academic Resource Center (SARC) Intensive Workshop
- Earn a letter grade of B or above in your Intensive courses
*Please note that the Summer 2020 courses will be confirmed by the end of February. Please check back here around that time for a list of eligible courses.