Domestic and International Undergraduate Students
Summer at Stanford Sets You Apart. The Best Minds. The Best Classrooms.
Live and learn in the heart of Silicon Valley at one of the world’s leading research universities. Renowned for entrepreneurial innovation and academic excellence, Stanford enriches your curiosity, creativity, and knowledge with hundreds of available courses, to help you reach your full potential. Study alongside a dynamic, diverse student body from more than 30 countries in small classes with dedicated instructors, with the opportunity to earn credit and an official transcript from Stanford. Summer Session Students enjoy access to Stanford’s exceptional student-life resources, from state-of-the-art athletic facilities to world-class libraries, superior academic support, and more.
- Live on the Stanford campus as a residential student or attend as a commuter.
- Create memories with new friends from the U.S. and abroad.
- Experience Silicon Valley and startup culture via our Silicon Valley Innovation Academy program.
- Dive deep into a subject you’re passionate about with the Intensive Study option.
- Take advantage of tutoring and academic advising through the Summer Academic Resource Center.
Admission is a selective process, and applications are reviewed in accordance to the Application Deadlines listed in the Admissions section. To be eligible to apply, students must:
- Be at least 18 years of age by the start of the program (June 22, 2019).
- Have graduated from high school, secondary school, or an equivalent.
- Have successfully completed at least one term of college or university courses following graduation from high school prior to applying. (Students who have already graduated from college or university are also eligible but will be considered a visiting graduate student.)
- INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS: Be able to verify fluency in the English language, using one of the methods described in the English Language Proficiency section on the International Students page.
In addition to submitting an online Summer Session application, students must upload an unofficial transcript for all colleges or universities attended, and compose a short personal statement in response to a specific question. International students may be required to supply a TOEFL, IELTS, or Cambridge Exam Score.
For more information, visit the Admissions section in the main menu.
Can't make it to campus? Summer Session Online application now open!