Summer at Stanford Sets You Apart.
Balance challenging academics with a rich menu of educational and social activities as a visiting Stanford student. Explore a possible career path or future area of study while experiencing genuine Stanford University courses alongside current Stanford students. Study with a dynamic, diverse student body from more than 50 countries, with the opportunity to earn credit and an official transcript from Stanford.
Tuition & Fees
- Attending as a commuter and taking the minimum 3 units? Costs start at $4,926
- Living on campus and taking the minimum 8 units (typically 2-3 courses)? Costs start at $15,875
Stanford University sets tuition rates for all students. To see a detailed breakdown of what the program may cost you, use our Calculator.
Attending as a High School Student
Summer Session offers an opportunity to experience an academic quarter at one of the world’s leading universities. In joining our community, high school students are expected to bring interpersonal competency, self-directedness, and a commitment to expanding their intellectual horizons.
June 24 – August 20, 2023
How to Apply
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- Be a current sophomore, junior, or senior at the time of application.
- Be at least 16 at the start of the program, June 24, 2023, and no more than 19 by the last day, August 20, 2023. There are no exceptions to these age restrictions.
- Not be matriculating into Stanford as a first year.
Application requirements include:
- Two short essays
- Proof of English proficiency (if necessary)
It was one of the best academic experiences of my life. I am so happy that I decided to participate in this program because I could take a challenging course with good faculty while experiencing college life.
Applications are now open
Residential space is limited and we recommend that you apply early as the program tends to be full by February.
Residential students join a vibrant, diverse community, living on campus with current Stanford students and fellow visitors from around the world. Make new friends, expand your worldview, and continue the conversation beyond the classroom.
Commuter students live off-campus and commute to class, with access to many of the same events, resources, and on-campus facilities as residential students. Connect with current Stanford students and fellow visitors from around the world.