International Honors Program
The International Honors Program (IHP) is a collaboration between Stanford Summer Session and specific international teaching and research institutions. All IHP students are endorsed through a selective admissions process, initiated at their home institution. Stanford Summer Session partners with over 30 different universities in 17 countries around the world.
IHP students are required to:
- Enroll in at least 8 units, 7 of which must be from academic departments.
- Take courses for a Letter Grade, wherever possible.
- Earn a B or higher in all courses, if a Letter Grade is possible.
- Live on campus in a designated IHP residence.
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- Be selected by your home institution.
- Have a minimum of 3.0 GPA or the equivalent of a B average.
- Be at least 18 years of age by the start of the program.
- Have graduated from high school, secondary school, or an equivalent.
- Have successfully completed at least one term of college or university courses following graduation from high school prior to applying. (Students who have already graduated from college or university are also eligible.)
- Be able to verify fluency in the English language, using one of the methods described in the English Language Proficiency section on the International Students page.
IHP students are selected through a collaborative admissions process, which starts with your home institution. Once you have been nominated by your home institution, you will be provided with a link to the official IHP application. Please do not fill out the regular Summer Session application, which is available on our website. For more information about the IHP application process, please contact your home university's coordinator.
IHP Important Dates and Deadlines
Summer 2024 Program Dates
June 22 – August 18, 2024
Application Open Date
Obtain link from your school's coordinator
Application Completion Date
Acceptance Completion Date