Summer Quarter on Campus
Lighten your course load for the year ahead or create space to focus on one subject. Half of our students are current Stanford students—many working an internship or participating in athletics training while taking a Summer Session course. You won't need to apply, just enroll in courses directly in Axess.
Many Summer Session courses fulfill General Education requirements. Some of the most popular from Summer 2023 included PWR 1 and 2 courses as well as
- Ways – AII: CLASSICS 31, COMPLIT 107, ENGLISH 90, FILMEDIA 4S, and more
- Ways – AQR: CS 109, CME 106, DATASCI 154, ENGR 10, STATS 60, STATS 101, and more
- Ways – CE: ARTSTUDI 173S, ENGLISH 9CE, MUSIC 65AS, DANCE 48, and more
- Ways – FR: CS 103, CS 161, CME 100, CME 106, MATH 104, PHIL 50S, SYMSYS 1, and more
- Ways – SI: ANTHRO 1S, COMM 110S, POLISCI 1, POLISCI 101, INTNLREL 145, and more
Information about the Stanford Summer Fellows Program, including a list of eligible courses, is available on the SSFP site.
Tuition & Fees
The University sets per-unit tuition rates for all students during Summer Quarter.
A note for recent Stanford graduates: If you would like to continue your education during the Summer Quarter, please refer to the Visiting Undergraduate page for application and registration information.
Instruction Begins June 22, 2024
End-Quarter Examinations August 16–17, 2024
How to Apply
Current Stanford students do not need to apply to Summer Session. Simply enroll in courses when Axess opens for the quarter in April.
Our Summer Academic Resource Center offers Academic Advising, Tutoring, and Workshops all summer, to ensure you have the support you need during the condensed eight-week quarter.