Residential space is limited. Apply early.
A carefully chosen and trained staff of Stanford undergraduate students and Residential Experience professionals live in residence as program Summer Resident Assistants and House Directors. Summer staff provide guidance, supervision, and plan social and extracurricular activities to support student and community development in the residence.
Stanford Summer Session is an eight-week program.
- Stay in a classic undergraduate residence hall.
- Residences will have a lounge, common area, laundry facility, and computer cluster with printer.
- You will most likely have a roommate and you may be placed on co-ed floors.
- Eat meals with fellow students in a nearby dining commons.
- Choose from a variety of nutritious, sustainable and delicious food choices.
- Dining options support students with food allergies, religious requirements, medical needs, and vegan/vegetarian diets.
Residential students* must take a minimum of 8 units (two to three courses).
*Residential graduate students may take fewer than 8 units as long as they don’t require an I-20 from Stanford.
Residential or Commuter
Regardless of whether you live on campus as a Residential student or live off campus as a Commuter, there will be opportunities at every turn, inviting you to make the most of your summer experience. Trying to decide which option is right for you?
June 22 – August 18, 2024
Summer session exceeded my expectations and has allowed me to grow. It has been a life changing experience and I cannot wait to see how my new network of friends grows over the years!