Summer at Stanford Sets You Apart.
Begin—or conclude—your gap year as a visiting Stanford student. Take a course that complements your future degree or explore a possible career path. Sample the entrepreneurial innovation and academic excellence that is at the heart of the Stanford experience. Study with a dynamic, diverse student body from more than 50 countries, with the opportunity to earn credit and an official transcript from Stanford.
Tuition & Fees
- Attending as a commuter and taking the minimum 3 units? Costs start at $4,926
- Living on campus and taking the minimum 8 credit-bearing units (typically 2-3 courses)? Costs start at $15,875
Stanford University sets tuition rates for all students. To see a detailed breakdown of what the program may cost you, use our Calculator.
June 18 – August 14, 2022
How to Apply
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age by the start of the program.
- Have graduated from high school or secondary school or equivalent.
- Not be matriculating into Stanford as a freshman.
Application requirements include:
- Proof of English proficiency (if necessary)
- Short personal statement
Stanford Summer Session was unlike any other experience I’ve had. I learned so much about myself and explored new interests.
Stay in touch!
Receive information about Summer Session by signing up for our mailing list!
Residential students join a vibrant, diverse community, living on campus with current Stanford students and fellow visitors from around the world. Make new friends, expand your worldview, and continue the conversation beyond the classroom.
Commuter students live off-campus and commute to class, with access to many of the same events, resources, and on-campus facilities as residential students. Connect with current Stanford students and fellow visitors from around the world.